Do you want to move past the stress, turmoil, and judgment you're feeling around racial issues?
Are you tired of feeling attacked, criticized and misunderstood?
Are you willing to learn about unconscious conditioning and societal modeling that has impacted you and the lives of others?
Are you ready to do some self-examination, make some positive changes and be part of the solution?
Are you wanting to find common ground and break down barriers in your community?
These are challenging and unprecedented times that are creating a significant shift in our country. The stress of having to stay at home, navigate both a pandemic and its uncertainty, and be on the receiving end of attacks and hate can make you feel angry, overwhelmed and considering a new career. However, I know you got into this profession because you are passionate about serving your community, making a difference each day and serving as an example to others.
As a role model, you know that to be “the” example, you must continue to learn, grow, self-reflect and be uncomfortable. Many times, we just don’t know what we don’t know. We all have blind spots and if left unexamined, we can act in a way that are out of line with our true character.
Why I created this course
- To help criminal justice professionals like yourself take a break from the judgments and stereotypes and have a safe space to explore the difficult topics of racism, bias, and inequality.
- To assist you to learn how to explore the more hidden parts of yourself in a way that fosters curiosity and understanding, instead of denial and anger.
- To provide you a step by step guide on how you can step into a new level of awareness, help those around you grow and help change the reputation of your profession.
What will I learn from this course?
Over the next four weeks I will join you on a personal journey to examine what is going on inside you and around you, and how the hard, yet rewarding internal work will transform how you show up “outside.”
The class is delivered through:
Four Weekly 90-Minute Deep Dive Content Sessions:
Each week we'll gather for an in-depth live webinar on the one of the four modules below, containing an hour of teaching and training and then a half-hour of discussion and Q&A.
Five 1-Hour Guest Speaker Sessions:
Chief Joseph Hoebeke, Hollis NH Police, Chief Deanna Cantrell, San Luis Obispo, CA Police, Chief Robert Plummer Napa CA Police, Edie Darling, Ambassador of Peace, and Sheriff Greg Hamilton (Ret.) will share the ways they are navigating this trying time.
If you have to miss a class, no worries. You’ll receive all the recordings and you can also send questions in for me to answer, even if you’re not present at the session.
Module 1: History Of Racism, How It’s Perpetuated & Being Part Of The Solution
- An understanding of Colonization, slavery, Jim Crow and why separate but equal never was equal
- How the history of policing in this country is influencing the current narrative
- What systemic racism is and what it is not
- Why hate is never one sided and the solution takes all of us
- What it means to be anti-racist
- Why it’s hard to hate up close
- The top 10 ways to build transformational relationships & become an effective ally
Module 2: Exploring Privilege, Equality and Equity & Understanding Explicit & Implicit Bias
- An understanding of privilege and how it impacts your daily life
- The ability to understand the differences between equity and equality
- An understanding why your brain is not only your threat detector but your biggest bias generator
- The reason you are hard wired for bias and why stereotyping is both beneficial and hindering
- The difference between explicit and implicit bias, how it plays out in daily life and how you can start to challenge your biases effectively
- The top 10 ways to reduce personal & organizational bias
Module 3: Why Ethics, Character & Racism Are All About The Little Things
- An understanding of why we are not as “good” as we think
- How emotions drive our decisions
- Why ethical fading and situational influences affect us more than we know
- What resetting yourself to “Zero” means and how it relates to racism
- The top 10 strategies you can use to improve your ethics and character and be part of the solution of racism
Module 4: The Current Narrative About Law Enforcement & Establishing Trust & Legitimacy With Your Community
- The reasons why narratives and beliefs are based on feelings not fact
- What the research says about racism and bias in policing & why you should examine your agency data now
- Why you can’t “fact” yourself to a resolution
- Why agency culture is the foundation for a solution
- Over 20 community relationship building strategies
- Steps to help you “sell” the story of who you are and what you stand for
- The top 10 tools to have difficult conversations inside your building and with your community about racism, privilege and the need for transformation
Included With The Course You Will receive
Recordings of every session and lifetime access to the recordings
Handouts, Worksheets, and Additional Resources
Library of Additional Videos that will help expand your learning on the topics
Deep-Dive Content Sessions are 4 consecutive Thursdays at 10am PT/ 11am MT/ 12pm CT/ 1pm ET beginning on Thursday, July 30, 2020
Guest Speaker Session Dates with Chief Joseph Hoebeke, Chief Deanna Cantrell, Chief Robert Plummer, Edie Darling, Ambassador of Peace, and Sheriff Greg Hamilton (Ret.) to be announced
Classes are delivered via video, you will receive a unique link to attend. Remember, you will receive recordings of all classes, and questions can be sent in advance for me to address if you have to miss a session.ENROLL TODAY
Ambassador of Peace
Sat, 22nd August, 2020
Chief Deanna Cantrell
San Luis Obispo, CA Police
Mon, 24th August, 2020
Chief Joseph Hoebeke
Hollis NH Police
Thu, 27th August, 2020
Chief Robert Plummer
Napa CA Police
Fri, 28th August, 2020
What People Are Saying:
Dr. Kimberly Miller is an absolute show stopper! Her topics resonate exceptionally well with law enforcement because she has a deep understanding of our culture, the complexity of our profession, and the many challenges we face. She is passionate, dynamic, energetic and is a master facilitator who always delivers timely, important information in a way that inspires us reach our next level of excellence.
-- Chief Deanna Cantrell
San Luis Obispo Police Department, California
"I've had the pleasure of working with Dr. Miller for well over a decade. She is not only extremely knowledgeable, but also very personable and engaging with course participants. Those presentation skills are critical when exploring subjects like racism and biases."
-- Sheriff Justin Smith
Larimer County, Colorado
So, What's the investment?
Of course, if I delivered these classes in person, it would be significantly more expensive (over $600.00), and you wouldn’t have access to additional resources, videos, and the ability to have lifetime accessibility to the recordings to enhance your learning. Thus, with the added value I can offer in an online format, this course could command even higher!
However, I know times are tough, budgets are tight and this subject matter is so important. I want this program to be affordable to you, therefore, I’ve priced the course at only:
or 2 payments of $237
I have included the Payment Plan option because I know some of you are going to pay for this course on your own and I wanted you to be able to spread out the installments.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
I absolutely believe in the content I deliver as transformational and a catalyst for long-term positive change. However, I want to make sure you feel confident about taking the plunge to jump in and join us.
If after the first session you're not thrilled with what you're learning for any reason, simply drop me a note before the second session and I will refund your full investment, no questions asked.
What People Are Saying:
We brought Dr. Miller to Leavenworth as part of our Implicit Bias training curriculum. She is a dynamic speaker and engages very well with the police officers. Dr. Miller has the ability to take complex cultural issues and relate them to everyday law enforcement contacts. The officers really took to her message!
-- Chief Patrick Kitchens
Leavenworth Police Dept, Kansas
“I can't think of a better person to tackle one of the hottest topics in the world right now! Dr. Miller's knowledge, experience and deep understanding of the law enforcement profession will assist any officer who attends her course. I have attended many of Dr. Miller's courses during my three terms as Sheriff of Cass County ND and I was always impressed with her style of instruction and her ability to communicate to her students. You will not regret taking the time to receive this instruction from her!”
-- Paul D. Laney
Vice President-National Sales
So, are you ready?
If you have made it this far, I know you are looking for healing, hope and are ready to take a deep dive into this work. I will be honored to have you in this class on the journey with me to move beyond the chains of the past and co-create a more positive, equitable, and peaceful society. The first step starts with you, come join me!
Expert Police & Public Safety Psychologist
Dr. Kimberly Miller is a police & public safety psychologist and a sought-after speaker, consultant and trainer who has been inspiring and motivating individuals in our profession for over 16 years. She is a strength-based facilitator of individual and organizational change and is known for her relationship-based approach to her work and the skill-based, engaging training and consultation services she offers. She uses workshops, coaching and organizational interventions to improve not only the individual line-level employee skills but also work to improve supervision, management, and the entire organization.